Dear UWG Students,
We cannot thank you enough for your patience as we create and work through new processes, just as you are having to do. In response to guidance provided by the University System of Georgia (USG), the University of West Georgia will implement a Student Refund Plan for students who have paid fees for the Spring 2020 semester. This includes housing, dining, and other appropriate fees. Please see more details below.
What will be refunded?
UWG will issue partial refunds to students required to move out of on-campus housing and those who no longer have access to dining services. Other fees will be prorated and refunded.
- Housing plans refunds will be prorated using March 16 as the last date of service.
- Meal plans will be prorated using March 16 as the last date of service. Dining Dollars will be refunded based on the unused amount remaining on the student’s meal account as of March 16.
- Portions of mandatory fees will be prorated. These include the Activity Fee and Transportation Fee.
- Study Abroad fees for spring and summer trips will be refunded.
- Miscellaneous fees that will be refunded:
- Education Practicum
- Education UTeach Practicum
- Education Student Teaching Internship
- Sport Management Event
- Sport Management
- Sport Management Seminar/Internship Fees
- Intramural participation
- Music lockers
- Campus Center guest passes
- University Recreation personal training
- Per the guidance of the University System of Georgia, refunds will not be provided for fees committed to debt service obligations such as the Athletic Complex Fee and Campus Center Fee.
- Refunds will not be provided for the Student Health Fee as the Student Health Center will continue to serve students for the remainder of the spring semester.
- Refunds will not be provided for the Technology Fee or Special Institutional Fee, as these remain critical in supporting continuity of instruction and associated support, and these fees are assessed to on-campus and online students.
- Refunds will not be provided for the Athletics Fee or the International Education Fee as these fees support student scholarships and other supporting functions.
How will I receive my refund?
Refunds that result in a credit balance on a student’s account will be sent to the student via BankMobile. All students can update their BankMobile refund selection method by visiting www.refundselection.com.
Fees incurred because of intramural participation, music lockers, Campus Center guest passes, and University Recreation personal training will be refunded by a paper check. If you have any of these charges, please make sure you update any incorrect address information on your Banweb account no later than Sunday, March 29.
When will I receive my refund?
We anticipate refunds being sent to BankMobile on or around March 31 (April 10 for Study Abroad fees). Paper checks will be distributed beginning March 31. Thank you for your continued patience as we work through this unprecedented situation as quickly as possible.
Is it possible that I won't receive a refund?
You will not receive a refund if:
- You did not originally pay the fee now being refunded.
- You owe a balance for Spring 2020. The refund will be applied to the balance before a refund is disbursed. Please note that if your fees were waived, you will not receive a refund.
To be fair to you and your family, we have to get this right. To be caring, we have to understand the hassle you are going through with moving out and other major adjustments. It’s a challenging experience with the disruption of services, and our hope is not to add any additional stress to this situation.
Please let us know how we can help. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the UWG Bursar’s Office by calling 678-839-4737 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.