WeREC is an incentive program developed by UWG University Recreation (UREC) to connect/engage student staff and professional staff within the department. This semester-long competition will help connect and build a positive work environment, help retain great student employees, and create a sense of buy-in throughout the department and across campus.
WeREC Live Status Update
How It Works
All UREC student employees will be randomly selected and placed into teams at the beginning of the spring semester. WeREC will last for an entire semester starting with All-Staff Training 2020 and ending Sunday, April 8, 2020. A UREC mentor (professional staff or grad assistant) will be assigned to each team as well to ensure guidance, oversight, and encouragement throughout the competition. Teams will be made up of 9-10 student staff including one student team leader who will be in charge of keeping up with all the points earned.
Throughout the semester, teams will have the opportunity to earn points by attending activities, seminars, trainings, athletic events, etc. Once a team member completes an event, they will submit a picture of themselves to their student leader and mentor via email or GroupMe. Once the request has been verified, the student leader (or mentor if necessary) will add points to the team's overall score via the WeREC google sheet.
The honor code will be in effect for this competition. If a student staff falsifies an activity, they will be reported to their immediate supervisor for disciplinary action.
Points will be awarded throughout the semester for a wide variety of activities and events that each team member completes or attends. Points will restart each month and prizes will be awarded to the top three teams with the most points through the last day of the month. Team cumulative totals will be tracked for the grand prize, adding up all points earned through Sunday, April 8, 2020.
Point totals from the prior week need to be uploaded at the latest by Monday morning at 10 a.m.
If four or more individuals participate in an event, 20 points will be added in addition to each person gaining their individual points score. Pro staff and grad assistants can earn points for their team but they are capped at one categorized activity per week (i.e. workoing out will only count for points once during that week). Students however can earn points for the same category once per day (i.e. cannot workout both in the morning and evening and count it twice).
Participate in one of the following activities for 5 points:
- Take a group fitness class
- Climb at the climbing wall
- Participate in a recreational game
- Expresso ride of the week
- 30 minute workout
- Play a game in the game room
- "A" on a paper, test, project
- Go on a WGO day trip
- Share a UREC social media post on your personal social media accounts and tag @urecuwg (Facebook & Instagram) or @URecUWG (Twitter)
- Volunteer outside of UWG
- Volunteer- through UWG offerings
- S.E.E. Trainings
- WeREC Leadership Series offerings
*Please note that if you are attending these to work off reprimand points, you are not allowed to count them also for WeREC points.
Events (5 points for attending):
- Intro to Safe Zone: Jan. 28 at 2 p.m. (TBD location)
- Wolfie's Birthday Bash: Jan.29 at 12 p.m. in Love Valley
- Night of Temptation: Jan. 29 at 7 p.m. in Suites Center)
- WeRec Leadership Series - Take the leap: Moving to a new state post-college: Thursday, Jan. 30 in the Campus Center 302 at 4:30 p.m.
- Stone Visiting Artist Series: A staged reading of dreaming Emmett: Saturday, Feb. 1 at 7:00 p.m. in the Townsend Center
- Juried Student Exhibition: Monday, Feb. 3 - Thursday, Feb. 20 in the Humanities Building
- The Well: Tuesday, February 4, 11, 18, 25 at 7:00 p.m. at the BCM
- Intro to Belaying: Wednesday, Feb. 5 at 2 p.m. at the Climbing Wall
- WeREC Leadership Series - Getting paid to attend grad school: How to obtain a graduate assistantship: Thursday, Feb. 6 in the Campus Center 303 at 4:30 p.m.
- Faculty Recital for John Elson Williams: Friday, Feb. 7 at 7:30 p.m. in 101 Kathy Cashen Recital Hall
- Climbing Rope Creations: All day, Thursday, Feb. 13 in the Campus Center
- WeREC Leadership Series - Building a brand: Your story matters: Thursday, Feb. 13 in the Campus Center 303 at 4:30 p.m.
- Musical Theatre Showcase: Thursday, Feb. 13 at 8:15 p.m. in 101 Kathy Cashen Recital Hall
- Wind Ensemble: Friday, Feb. 14 at 7 p.m. at the Carroll County Performing Arts Center
- Green Zone Training: Wednesday, Feb. 19 at 9 a.m.
- NIRSA Rec Day: Thursday, Feb. 20 from 5 - 9 p.m. in the Campus Center
- Dyno Competition: Thursday, Feb. 20 at 6 p.m. at the Climbing Wall
- Concert Choir & Chamber Singers: Sunday, Feb. 23 at 4 p.m. in the Townsend Center for the Performing Arts
- SOTA Reading Series: Wendy Castenell, Art Historian: Monday, Feb. 24 at 6 p.m. in 101 Kathy Cashen Recital Hall
- Think Fast Trivia: Monday, Feb. 24 at 6:30 p.m. in the Campus Center Ballroom 108.4
- Symphonic Band: Monday, Feb. 24 at 8:15 p.m. at the Carroll County Performing Arts Center
- Intro to Climbing: Wednesday, Feb. 26 at 2 p.m. at the Climbing Wall
Students also have the opportunity to attend events on the UWG calendar and WolfConnect to determine if they fall under the 8 dimensions of wellness (physical, occupational, social, intellectual, spiritual, financial, environmental, and emotional) for 5 points. A screenshot of event existing on these platforms should also be submitted with selfie.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three teams each month. Teams are able to come in and based on their team's ranking, individually select an item from the below list. First team will get to pick first, then second place, followed by third. Student leaders will gather team's wishlist of prizes and then Nene will contact each team when they can come pick up their prizes. Prizes are while supplies last.
For questions, please contact Nene Shaw at email@example.com or 678-839-5377.