1. Be a first-year incoming student (first-time in college student).
2. Be available to participate in the entire Ignite program from June 20th-July 20th.
3. Understand you cannot work or have other outside commitments (i.e., vacations or family events, etc.,) during the program’s timeframe (June 20th-July 20th).
4. Receive an invitation from the Office of Admissions to apply to the Ignite program
5. Complete the Ignite application and interview
6. Stay on campus in the Oaks residence hall during the entire Ignite program (including weekends).
7. Participate in English 1101 and XIDS 2002 (First Year Seminar) during the Fall semester, and English 1102 during Spring semester with the Ignite cohort.
Dates of the Program:
Students who are accepted into the Ignite program will take two academic courses, Media and the Arts (XIDS 2100) and Introduction to Sociology (SOCI 1101). By taking these courses, students earn six hours of academic credit over the summer that will count toward graduation.
All Ignite students will be required to take XIDS 2002, a first-year seminar course, as well as English Composition I in the Fall and English Composition II in the Spring. These courses will be automatically added to the student’s schedule by New Students Programs staff.
Students who are accepted into the Ignite program will be required to live on campus in the Oaks Residence Hall. Living on campus provides many benefits to students, including the ability to meet and engage with other students and have quicker access to university resources and services.
Once students are accepted into the Ignite program they will sign a Fall and Summer housing contract.
If you have any additional questions about Ignite please contact Melissa Grosso in the New Student Programs Office at 678-839-4739 or by email at email@example.com.