HOLOCAUST CENTER MATERIAL
Holocaust Center copy
· Field 049 (Holdings code): GWCH
Use when there is only ONE copy, which is for the Center.
Holdings record - Create separate holdings records for Holocaust Center copy and Ingram Library copy.
· Item type: code "specol"; code name "Special Collections" [This is a non-
circulating item type]
· Location: code "Holocaust"; code name "Holocaust Center".
· Field 008: Method of Acquisition: "z" - Other method of acquisition
Item record -
· Copy: 1 (even if Ingram Library already has a copy.)
· DO NOT APPLY A BARCODE!
· Book - write call number at the top of the inside right page. However, if this is the title page, write on the inside left page.
DO NOT APPLY THE DATE STAMP OR WRITE THE DATE CATALOGED.
Ingram Library copy
Even if Ingram Library already has a copy or copies, the copy from the GCH is added to the collection.
Holdings record (mfhd) for added copy
Field 008: Method of Acquisition: "g" (gift)
Field 852 $t c. 2
Item type: book
Item record: Note: Donated by Georgia Commission on the Holocaust
· Book - treat as all other Ingram Library books
There will be a book plate indicating donation by the GCH.
HOLOCAUST CENTER MATERIALS
Barcode label - Do NOT apply a barcode label
Use the stamp for the Center, not one for Ingram Library.
Stamp in the following locations:
v Front of the book - Inside right - centered at the bottom
If this is the title page, stamp on the left side
v Back of the book - Inside left
DO NOT APPLY INGRAM LIBRARY OWNERSHIP STAMP AROUND THE EDGES.
Apply the call number label on the spine unless book is too thin.
Position the bottom of the label one inch from the bottom of the book and center on the spine. Trim only as necessary from both sides. Do NOT trim the top or bottom of the label.
If the spine is too narrow, place the label on the front of the book in the upper left corner, to the right of the crease.
Place a plastic label protector over the call number label.
Center the sticker/label protector above the call number label on the spine.
If label is on the front cover, center the sticker under the call number label.
Insert the appropriate type of detection strip