Electronic resources consist of non-musical titles on compact disc
or diskettes, electronic books, and Internet resources. All materials
will have full bibliographic records in the online catalog.
Non-musical titles on CD or diskette are shelved in the stacks. They are
assigned Library of Congress call numbers. They are placed in book size
containers for ease in shelving and locating.
Bibliographic records for NetLibrary titles are provided and loaded by the
University System of Georgia and should not be edited.
Bibliographic records for Internet resouces will be edited to add at least
the Library of Congress class number.
For descriptive cataloging refer to AACR2 and OCLC MARC21 codes for
The following table contains the holdings codes for field 049 in the
bibliographic record, Voyager location codes, and Voyager item types
||Item Type Code
Compact disc and DVDs
- Cataloger - Place CD and DVD in book-size container if necessary.
- Write call number on back of accompanying booklet or on a label to
apply inside the container. Apply date stamp as well.
- Apply the barcode label in the upper left using the 3M template.
- Student worker - Apply ownernship stamp on the booklet and back of the
- Apply the appropriate 3M detection device. A DVD with label on the
top can have the same device as a CD.
- Apply the call number label on the spine or on the front upper left
corner of the container.
- Cataloger - Have the diskettes copied and store master copies in
- Place diskettes in notebook using sheet to insert
- Place call number and date on the inside front cover.
- Place barcode label on the front upper left using 3M template.
- Student worker - Apply call number label on the spine of the
- Place sticker on front cover under the barcode label - "Do not
- Apply ownership stamps