****Books designated for the Newnan Center should be kept separate from Ingram Library
materials throughout the cataloging and processing stages.****
New books - Circulating Collection
- Barcode label - Apply on the front cover (as shown by a staff
- Ownership stamps - Apply the Newnan Center ownership stamp in
the following places on the book: bottom of book pocket; bottom of title page; and inside back cover, left side.
- Book edges - Apply the Ingram Library stamp on the book
- Spine label - Apply the spine label with bottom of the label
one inch from bottom of the book. Cover with a label protector.
If the spine is too narrow, place the label on the front cover at the top left corner (as shown by a staff
member). Cover with a label protector, but ensuring that the protector
does not go over the barcode label.
- Newnan Center sticker - Place the sticker above the
spine label OR under the call number label if placed on the front
the book. The sticker is a round, pink circle with "N" written on the dot
in silver ink.
- Detection strip - Apply appropriate detection strip in the
- Book card and pocket - glue a book pocket on the front inside
page. At the top of the book card, type the following information:
Line 1: Call number
Line 2: Accession date (if space is limited, try to put the accession
date on line 1 at far right of card)
Line 3: Author (last name, first name)
Line 4: Title (main title)
PR6029 .R8 Z7817 1991 c. 2
New books - Reference Collection
- Barcode label - Placement is the same as circulating
- Ownership stamp - Apply the Newnan Center ownership in the
same places as above, but use red ink pad.
- Book edges - Apply the Ingram Library stamp on the edges using
the red ink pad.
- Spine label - same as above. (Label should have "Ref." above
the call number.)
- Newnan Center sticker - Application is the same as circulating
- Detection strip - Application is the same as circulating
Books withdrawn from the Ingram Library collection and sent to the
- Ownership stamp - Apply the Newnan Center ownership stamp on
the inside front cover of the book and the inside back cover, left
- Newnan Center sticker - Apply the sticker as on the new
- Book card and pocket- Prepare as instructed for new